Photo: Matt Jones/Trish South Management
Whether she's walking the red carpet or sitting front row at a fashion show, Olivia Palermo always looks flawless. Sure, she's naturally gorgeous, but she's also found a (pretty, polished) formula that works. "How you wear your makeup every day is usually how you look your best," says the 29-year-old street-style star and spokesperson for La Mer and Ciaté. "Even on my wedding, I didn't change it up much." Here's how she achieves that signature look. (Hint: It's not just about the products.)
Stick to a beautifying diet.
"Eating healthily goes hand in hand with your skin-care regimen," she says. "I have a lot of fish, sushi, chicken, vegetables, and green tea. I skip coffee — too dehydrating."
"It's so important! Sweating helps you get out all the toxins. I do Bikram yoga and spin classes at FlyBarre."
Never sleep in your makeup.
"No matter who says they have the best makeup remover, by far it's Vaseline. It's an old-school tip from my mother, but it works really well. And it's something everyone has in her medicine cabinet."
"I always carry extra bobby pins, hair elastics, and double-sided tape with me. A needle and thread too, just in case a clasp breaks."
So what products does the famous fashionista reach for when it comes to her beauty routine? See Palermo's go-to buys below.
Photo: Jeffrey Westbrook
1. Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick in Very Victoria: "Charlotte Tilbury created great formulas and perfect shades — not to mention that classic packaging," she says. ($32, available at Charlotte Tilbury)
2. Sephora Makeup Brushes: The secret to perfect makeup? Great brushes, Palermo says. ($14-$46, available at Sephora)
3. Burt's Bees Lip Balm: "Burt's Bees is really a lifesaver for chapped lips," the star admits. ($3, available at Burt's Bees)
4. Guerlain Le 2 De Two-Brush Mascara: "There's one brush for fullness and one for detail," she notes. ($38, available at Guerlain)
5. DiorBlush Vibrant Colour Powder Blush: "I like blush with a matte finish. It lasts the whole day," she reveals. ($43, available at Dior)
6. La Mer Illuminating Eye Gel: "I love this gel because it gives you an extra boost of radiance and feels really light." ($145, available at La Mer)
7. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat: "YSL's classic concealer is a must for brightening," Palermo says. ($42, available at Yves Saint Laurent)
9. Ciaté Double Lines Kajal Eyeliner: "This liner is easy to use on the go," Palermo says. ($20, available at Ciaté)
10. Yves Saint Laurent Fusion Ink Foundation: "Find a foundation that matches your skin. For me, YSL is the best," she says. ($60, available at Yves Saint Laurent)
11. Bobbi Brown Customizable 4-Pan Eye Shadow Palette: Olivia emphasizes her eyes with neutral shades, sometimes adding a flash of eggplant mascara. ($106, available at Bobbi Brown)
Want to grab this Smythson cosmetics case? ($245, available at Smythson)